- Go to a local favorite park to play and have a picnic! Take books along to read!
- Set up a scavenger hunt for your kids. The scavenger hunt link has some good ideas, or you can make your own! Go to the dollar store and get some cheap toys for them to find! Bubbles, chalk and other outdoor toys would be good to get and when they are done finding them they can play with them!
- Go on a nature walk and have your kids take pictures of things they see! Have them collect things they like and then make a nature collage when you get home! Make leaf prints
- If possible, plan a day to go have lunch with Daddy or another friend.
- Set up some play dates
- Fly a kite and/or make your own kite and try to fly it
- Have a day where you stay in your pajamas and have a fun movie day, eat lunch on a blanket in the living room
- Make a fort
- Play games
- Set up an obstacle course for your kids
- Try going to amusement parks, zoo, museums, etc. Look on the specific places website and/or phone book for coupons. Call before you leave and ask if they are running any specials!
- If the weather is yucky, try some of these activities as well as adapting some of the above activities!
I am planning a zoo day (we have a membership), going to a museum that we won a membership to, having a fun day with my oldest going minature golfing and out to lunch with coupons from Recycle Bank), a play date and a movie day! I’m sure we will manage to eat lunch with Daddy one day too!
Wichita On the Cheap has a Spring Break activity list also!
What are your plans for spring break?